Sunday, October 16, 2011

Texturing Fail and Darlek

As a side project, I will be making a full 3D model of a Darlek, and I plan to try to make a little animation out of it. This most likely won't be usable in a game, unless if we make a Doctor Who game. I am doing a high-res model, so if it gets done, and looks half-way decent, we will post a picture/video of it (Learning a product like 3ds Max is very difficult to learn all the little parts).

For the texturing fail, I had sent one of our texture artists, Yerks, a UV map (which is a 2D version of a 3D model) to texture so that I can apply to that 3D model in 3ds Max and UDK. So I went and plugged it into UDK, and it came out as a 2D picture, which I can see, so I made it into a material, and set that 3D model to use that material. Something went wrong, and it displayed multiple versions of the material on the model. I don't know what went wrong, but I'm going to do some research for it. It also did the same thing when I did it in 3ds Max, so I don't know. I wouldn't think it's Yerks...

-Hamstamps

No comments:

Post a Comment